These handy breakfast plates are handmade in stoneware, the matt finish glaze is coloured green with copper oxide. I find this size really useful, big enough for scrambled eggs on toast or a little platter at supper time. It's also the size I use for my three year olds meals.
- 21cm diameter
- 2.5cm heigh
My plates are 'thrown' on the pottery wheel before being dried carefully to prevent cracking or warping. Once at a leather hard stage they are put back on the wheel upside down. Using a carving tool I pare away the excess clay and create a footring.
Once totally dried I place my plates and all my other handmade pottery into the kiln for its first 'bisc' firing. They are then glazed, cleaned and dried before being loaded back into the kiln. This time they are fired to around 1280 degrees Celcius.
- The plates can be used in microwaves and dishwashers
- Made from super durable stoneware
- Beautifully unique lead free glazes from my own special recipe
- Hand crafting makes every plate slightly different from image
- Heavy duty packaging for safe delivery
- Money back if you don't love them