Pair of Handmade Mugs
Whether you love tea, coffee or hot chocolate, these handmade mugs would make a great addition to your mug cupboard! They could also be a nice gift for a couple.
Each mug has a slightly different decoration in the form of a stamped round of clay on the front. This glaze is really good at picking out details like these.
I made these mugs on the pottery wheel from stoneware clay. Once they had dried a little I fettled the base and added the handles. I make my handles using the 'pulling' method. Using a large lump of clay you gradually pull a long cylinder shape between the thumb and index finger.
Once the form is finished the mugs are dried carefully to avoid any cracking. They are then loaded into the 'bisc' kiln with my other pottery. This fires to around 1000 degrees Celcius and readies the pots for glazing. After glazing and cleaning the mugs are then fired again to around 1280 degrees Celcius. Each of the two kiln firings takes around ten hours to complete.
My handmade mugs are my most popular items, probably because they get so much daily usage!
- 8.5 cm diameter
- 9 cm heigh
- They love to be used in microwaves and dishwashers
- Made from super durable stoneware
- Beautifully unique lead free glazes from our own special recipe
- Hand crafting makes every pot slightly different from image
- Heavy duty packaging for safe delivery
- Money back if you don't love them