If you love baking, this handmade mixing bowl would be a great addition to your kitchen. I only made one so it's totally unique - please don't drop it! The glaze has turned out better than I could have hoped. Inside it's really dark green, almost black with a kind of metallic quality. The glaze has lots of variation around the rim, then goes almost orange on the outside. While you're not baking it makes a great sized fruit bowl.
- 21 cm diameter
- 13 cm heigh
This mixing bowl is the largest in my collection. It starts life as a 2kg lump of stoneware clay. This is thrown on the wheel and the centering process brings it into a manageable cylinder. After opening up the centre, the walls are pulled up into a rather tall V shaped form. A few more pulls are needed to refine the shape and round the bowl. A wooden curved tool is used to make sure the inside of the bowl is smooth to ensure easy mixing. Once the bowl dried for a day, the outside was trimmed to create a footring and reduce the weight.
- This mixing bowl is handmade with stoneware clay
- Beautifully unique lead free glazes from my own special recipe
- Hand crafting makes these mixing bowls totally unique
- Heavy duty packaging for safe delivery
- Money back if you don't love them
- Handmade in Sheffield, UK